Adult Educators working in Vancouver have been part of VESTA since 1994 and have a Collective Agreement with the Vancouver Board of Education that is separate from the K-12 bargaining unit.
VESTA provides a part-time Adult Educators sublocal president to augment the support available to all members.
Adult Educators are encouraged to participate in all VESTA Staff Rep Assemblies, General Meetings, Staff Rep Union Trainings, and other events organized by VESTA. One of VESTA’s Local Representative to the BCTF positions is reserved for an Adult Educator member, so that the sub-local’s voice is always guaranteed a spot at BCTF Representative Assemblies and the BCTF Annual General Meeting.
2021-2022 VESTA Adult Ed Sublocal Executive Committee:
- President: Rob McGowan email@example.com
- 1st Vice President: vacant
- District Health & Safety Representative: Gabriel Freund
- District Professional Issues Representative: Cathleen With / Melissa Postian
- AE Local Rep to BCTF: Keely Ryan
- TTOC Rep: Vacant
- Staff Rep (SHEC): Allan Haley
- Staff Rep (GPEC): Rob McGowan
- VESTA AE Collective Agreement Ratification Vote 2019-2022 Summary of Items (for vote Saturday May 9, 2020)
- Bargaining CV Application
- Severance Award
- 2023-24 AE Executive Committee Nomination Form
- Educational Leaves Application
- Request for Professional Development VESTA (AE)
- Step 1 Grievance Form
- Code of Ethics